Institute of Mechanised Construction and Rock Mining
The Institute was established in 1951. It is a state research and development body operating in the field of mechanized construction, industrial automation and the construction industry, mechanical engineering and safety, construction equipment and rock mining machinery, waste management and recycling, information science, technical and economic information.
The Institute has highly qualified researchers and testing and engineering staff as well as unique specialized laboratories, testing facilities and benches with modern, high quality measurement and testing equipment.
Scope of research and development activities:
- mechanics of earth moving, construction, road-building, handling machinery and equipment;
- mechanics of rock material mining and processing;
- rational waste management systems and solutions taking into consideration ecology and techniques and technologies of rational waste management;
- eco-development and environmental management in processing raw materials and recycling of waste and recovery of valuable waste components;
- ergology, and in particular protection of man against noise and vibration, smoke and dust pollution;
- operational safety of machines and equipment;
- industrial and product standardization;
- information activity forecasting, including regulatory, economic and organizational aspects.
The Institute is authorized by relevant state authorities to (among others):
- test and assess the quality of rock material and rock processed products, perform environmental and waste management assessments;
- grant product safety certificates to manufacturers;
- grant product certificates of conformity with a Polish Standard or other reference document;
- quality systems certification for conformity with ISO 9001:2000;
- certification of waste management services;
- coordinate, control and train operators of earth-moving, building, road-building and other machines and equipment and maintain a central register of issued licenses;
- confer PhD degrees (in the field of mechanical engineering and operation);
- apply for awarding the professor degree.
← Back to id-norway.com