Ukraine Norway Innovation Networking Initiative (UNINI)
UNINI’s project development goal is to contribute to the competitiveness of the economy in Ukraine by promoting and supporting innovation infrastructure and networks, SMEs development and investment opportunities in SMEs and start-ups with innovative business idea. The project purpose is to develop innovation eco-system with an interplaying set of local, national and international services and infrastructure to secure sustainable support to innovation and entrepreneurship in Ukraine. It is a 3 years (2014-17) project funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affaires. Consortium partners are Seed Forum Norway, Seed Forum Ukraine Foundation and International Development Norway. The project’s main target groups are:
- Newly started companies with the need to get connected to professional networks, potential partners, markets, investors.
- Entrepreneurs and SMEs with ambitions of starting or developing commercial technology companies.
- Established SMEs with ambition for the internationalisation of business activities.
- Norwegian Innovation Network players interested in the Ukrainian innovation potential and partnership opportunities.
- Norwegian and international private sector players interested in cooperation opportunities with Ukrainian private sector players.
- Ukrainian state/municipal institutions and chambers responsible for supporting innovation and SMEs on the regional level.
- Ukrainian professionals with the ambition to lead Innovation infrastructure – future iHUBs and Technology Park managers.
The project organised in 7 Work Packages (WP):
- WP 1. Regional innovation partnerships and infrastructure – Secure local commitments and organisational solutions on local level.
- WP 2. Entrepreneurship and start up services – Support entrepreneurship development through different set of pre-incubation and incubation services, training and promotion.
- WP 3. Commercialisation of technology -Plan and test concepts for commercialization of technology from Universities and research institutes and universities. in Ukraine.
- WP 4. International business development -Increase competitiveness of the existing companies (tenant companies and other SMEs with the growth potential) through the business acceleration process that consists of developing market access and facilitating business partnering.
- WP 5. Access to finance -Establish an interplaying mix of instruments to improve access to finance for entrepreneurs, namely: regularly run Seed Forum processes, establish a Ukrainian Business Angel Network that will strengthen existing SF activities, and prepare the Feasibility Study “Ukraine Argentum like institution”.
- WP 6. Techno park in Kiev – Develop a decision platform to finance and implement a Techno Park in Kiev-prepare a Feasibility Study and a Business Plan.
- WP 7. Project management – Provide support to all project activities, project promotion, monitoring and reporting.
← Back to id-norway.com