Environmentally Friendly Technologies at Hotel Palatinus – Hungary
The Palatinus hotel in Siklos, Hungary, is investing in green technology that will make the hotel more environmentally friendly. The project is supported by the EEA & Norway Grants and IDN provides marketing experties to the project.
The main activities in the project:
- Implementation of an innovative water cleaning equipment at Palatinus Hotel, to clean wastewater from the laundry (and sink) and rainwater collected from the roof of the building. This way water usage and pollution can be reduced by 1200 m3 on a yearly basis, the laundry will use no extra water and will not produce sewage. The AquaOzone 12 water cleaning device uses a multi-step water treatment method, its efficiency, and capacity is what makes it a unique and innovative device.
- The hotel will also improve the energy efficiency of their services and the building by creating a solar plant at the roof of the hotel, and update the existing heating system.
- Replacing radiators to fan coil. The heating system will be suitable for the operation by a modern heating system, the energy usage of the building will improve significantly.
- Creating a solar plant at the roof of the hotel, this plant will produce an equal amount of electricity compared to the previous one.
- Replacement of non-energy efficient doors and windows, to improve the energy efficiency of the building and prepare the premises for electric heating and hot water production.
IDN will contribute with consultancy regarding the investments in infrastructure the hotel does and also contribute to a marketing strategy for the concept of Eco Hotels.
← Back to id-norway.com